My Acting Skills

Since a very young age I have enjoyed performing. My favourite subject at school was always drama. I am excited to bring my acting skills to The BRIT School, where I hope to extend them further.
I feel confident performing and acting in front of other people. I always try not to be shy around other people, as it can make them feel uncomfortable. Confidence is important as if you get nervous easily, you will never be able to develop a character fully.
Also, I believe that I am good at portraying a character's emotion and personality through different tones of voice, movement, gestures and facial expressions. This is known as characterisation. I have very good projection in my voice. Therefore, I can talk and act, so that my voice is loud and clear. In addition to this, I enjoy bringing scripts to life by taking on the directorial role for some scenes in plays. I like to bring the visions in my head to life, directing plays gives me the ability to do so. When involved in previous productions, I discovered that I am also very good at learning lines quite quickly. This is important as a lot of the time, you might have to put on a performance with not much time to practice. You need to be able to learn lines quickly, so that you can start developing your character more. As an actor, I also have a lot of spatial awareness, which is important as you need to be able to use the space around you and interact with other people.
At The BRIT School, I would like to work on my improvisation skills, and learn how to speak in different accents to improve my character portrayals. I look forward to pushing myself further to develop my theatrical skills at The BRIT School.


No comments:

Post a Comment