Tongue Twisters - 18/09/14

As usual, at the beginning of our lesson, we warmed up so that we wouldn't hurt our bodies or our voices. After this, we played a small activity that would help with articulation and the pronunciation of our words. We were put into small groups and had to "audition for The X Factor". In our performances, we had to include a genre and a tongue twister to show to the class. Our group decided to perform the tongue twister, "How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?". The genre we decided on was Gospel. I began the tongue twister by clapping and speaking the tongue twister in a high pitched voice. Later on, two other people in the group repeated certain words for effect. We received good feedback from the rest of the class, who claimed our performance was "catchy" and "entertaining". I feel that this activity helped me to boost my confidence and it also taught me to open my mouth more when speaking, to make sure that people could hear me and to make sure my pronunciations were correct. After this, we were put into our "Noughts & Crosses" groups to run through our scripts and develop our characters. Ms Lee came around to watch each of our groups perform so that she could give us constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment