Noughts & Crosses Evaluation

On October 16th, 2014, our theatre class performed the play 'Noughts & Crosses' to our parents and theatre teachers at Settling In Evening. Overall, I think that the performance went very well and I enjoyed being a part of it.
I think that I have learnt a lot and developed my acting skills since I started at the BRIT school. 
 I feel that we worked on our scene a lot and it turned out well in the end. We staged our scene to show the different status' and objectives of the characters. For example, I was seated away from the rest of the family to show that I was very distant to them. Also, I used a strong posture and different body movements throughout the scene to show that I was an upper class 'cross'. An example of a body movement was pointing my finger at Jasmine to show that I was angry at her. I also gestured my hand towards Sephy as if to prompt her to speak. Throughout the term, I learnt to develop my vocal skills, project my voice, use pauses for dramatic effect and change the tone of my voice to suit the character. By using my voice, I was able to show that I was in control and show that I had power. In my performance, I did this through using a bold voice with a low pitch to sound forceful. I took the comments from my peer assessment on board and raised my voice to show anger, focused more and stayed in role, even though there were minor distractions.
I think that we could have improved our scene by having more eye contact with the audience and better transitions due to some struggle with taking off the chairs and finding a place to put them. I could have improved in my scene by feeling more comfortable on stage. As I was feeling slightly nervous, I found that occasionally I rushed some of my lines. I should work more on my confidence and slowing down my lines.
I applied most of the skills I learnt in lessons to my performance and I have enjoyed my time studying Theatre at The BRIT School. I am excited to see what the next term brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment